Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blessed ~ Once Upon A Design Challenge Entry

This is my second entry for the Bead Hive's "Once Upon A Design" challenge. I went with the middle ages for inspiration - specifically, religious icons. I had been wanting to do a religious piece for some time and now I'm glad I had never gotten to it.

I made the picture charms. That is, I applied the pictures to the charms. No, I am not a metalsmith. Wish I were! I must depend on the skill of others for such delights. But I'll be damned if I cant use a printer, scissors, and Mod Podge!

All four metal religion charms and the chain itself are from vintage jewelry that I have re-purposed. The large angels are nothing more than sew-on buttons from my local craft store. I also used Swarovski Crystals, lucite flowers and glass flowers.

I have to admit it...I LOVE THIS! It turned out much better than I imagined. The colors are what really do it for me. Light blues were definitely the right choice.

Submitted for your approval...Blessed





Blessed is available for purchase here!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These are absolutely GORGEOUS!! ~ Claudia

    ReplyDelete