Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crafting With Ivy [Give, Save, Spend Jars]

Awhile back, I saw this cute idea for teaching a child to manage their money.  You just decorate jars to hold money for giving, money for saving, and money to spend.  I finally got around to making them with Ivy.  As far as understanding them, I think she was a little bored with the concept.  But she's never one to turn away a crafting opportunity.  Here's what we did.   I apologize that most of the pictures are just showing off my adorable kid:

I had some jars that used to hold beads and we simply painted the lids.  I let her choose the colors and I think she did a great job. 



Once they were totally dried, we added some letter stickers from my sinful stash of scrapbooking supplies.  I don't even scrapbook.   After we stuck them on, I had her cover them with Mod Podge to seal them up so they'll last a long time.  Dear Mod Podge, I love you. 


We got some glue on our fingers and showed it to the camera.   I swear she's not just throwing gang signs.


After the glue dried, we filled each jar with quarters from her piggy bank.  She officially has more money than I do.  It's all good, though, because this project was free.  :-p


If all she takes away from this lesson was that the "Give" jar is the most important, I'll be happy.  Now I will be curious to see what causes she chooses to adopt as she gets older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment