Thursday, February 10, 2011

Soft-Spoken, not Sugar-Coated

Life has been a little harsh and ugly for me lately.  And I have been anything but soft-spoken.  I think that's why I've been making such delicate, beautiful things.  It's no secret that making jewelry has always been my therapy.  I've really needed some beauty to balance the crud that's been recently filling my reality.  Sometimes I will look at the things I make and take great solace in the fact that my spirit has enough beauty in it to create something like this bracelet.

I have a boring little reason for wanting to make something in this color scheme.  A folder.  Yes, a folder.  I used to carry paperwork around in a folder that had these exact colors in a  fancy little pattern all over it.  I always thought, " I really need to make a bracelet in these tones."  It finally happened because I never forget things.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment